How do text a guy you just met? How do you keep him interested, or subtly make him ask you out?
Should you text him – first – and how long should you wait?
Difficult questions, but I’m here to help you out.
In this post, you’ll find helpful tips for texting a guy you just met (and crush on), and more than 10 clever, flirty and funny text examples to get you started (and keep him into you).
Should You Text a Guy You Just Met – First?
You might feel hesitant to text a cute guy you just met, and wonder about all those stupid rules that make you wait for 3 days. But I say that if you’ve already met him in person, and he gave you his phone number, there’s a 99% chance that he wants you to text him.
🙋♀️ In my experience, you should always touch base sooner – rather than later, and not wait for him to text you first.
Because if you sit around waiting for him to text you, that cute guy you met at the gym may forget that he ever met you and gave you his number, or assume you are not interested.
You don’t want that.
I recommend that you text him on the same day or night to keep the initial momentum going and to keep his memory of your perfection alive.
He’ll be thrilled to get that first message from that cute girl he met today, instead of scratching his head trying to remember who this stranger is – texting him out of nowhere.
5 Tips to Text a Guy You Just Met + Examples
Here are 5 magic tips to start a conversation with a crush you just met, make him think of you, or even ask you out on that first date:
1. Refer to Your Last Conversation
This is the basic, risk-free approach to texting a guy you just met – if you had a chance to exchange a few words, that is.
Try to remember anything he or you mentioned: a store, a reality show, a concert, his sister coming to visit him – anything.
And use it to ask him a question about it and start a conversation with him over text.
👉 This will create a natural sense of continuation, which will make him feel like he has known you forever, and to show him that you pay attention and remember stuff he talks about.
Who doesn’t want to feel important like that?
You can also use it as a chance to meet up at that store/concert.
If you happen to find yourself at that place you talked about, take a selfie of you over there and ask him to guess where you are. The conversation will easily flow from there.
1. “Your sister’s coming to town tomorrow, right? What do you have planned?🤔 ”
2. “Hey, how did that big meeting go today? I was crossing my fingers for you!🤞 ”
👉 And if you talked about music:
3. “I just saw the most amazing jazz band at the restaurant I’m at. You’d love them! [picture]”
2. Talk Locations
If you barely had a chance to talk, you can always ask him about where he lives, or the place he is originally from.
You can ask him about his neighborhood, about restaurants in his area, and if you have the courage – suggest that you’d love to be there. 😉
1. “You live in this area, right?”
👉 And you can make it funny, which is always a better way to go:
2. “You live in this area, right? (My parole officer wants to know) 😜”
👉 And if you feel courageous, send him a picture of where you’re at and text:
3. “Such a beautiful day! Is that you over there on the beach? Oops! No, that’s Ryan Gosling 🤣”
3. A Funny Picture Always Works
Sending him a funny picture is a great way to start a conversation with a crush you recently met.
Trying out a new outfit? Take a selfie and ask for his opinion.
Baking a chocolate cake? Show off your messy kitchen or your new apron – and send it over.
Any picture that would make him laugh or smile is great to keep him engaged.
Ask him for a picture of himself wherever he is as well.
1. “My soufflé turned out great! Just call me Julia Child! [photo of the soufflé you made]”
2. “Wait did you pickpocket me? my wallet’s gone” [photo of you at the supermarket]”
👉 And if you feel courageous:
3. “I tried to get us reservations at the library for our first date, but they’re all booked 😂😜”
4. Attention-Grabbing First Texts
Instead of just sending “Hi”, you can send him attention-grabbing and intriguing texts he can’t help but respond.
1. “I totally forgot to ask, and this is really important: do. you like. Satin sheets”?
2. “Rawr means hello in dinosaur. RAWR!”
3. “Hi’ I’m buzzed”
4. “How have you gone so long without messaging me? I’m such a delight.”
👉 And for the courageous:
5. “I’m still single, in case you were wondering.”
6. “Let’s skip the small talk and go straight to flirting”
7. “This is so us. Me doing all the talking and you just sitting there looking cute”
8. “It’s too bad you had to leave, we didn’t have time to make out.”
9. “I like how your nose is in the middle of your face. That’s really cute.”
5. Funny Debate Topics for Texting a Crush
A silly/funny debate topic can be a great conversation-starter for texts with guys. You can ask for his opinion on the silliest things, like reality shows, types of food, sleep habits, anything.
1. “Star Wars. Yes or no?”
2. “Do you agree that dogs that can kiss are the best pets?”
3. “Bracelets make you look more attractive. Yes or no?”
4. “The best way to kiss is with eyes wide open. Yes or no?”
5. “Parents should allow kids to start drinking at ten. Yes or no?”
👉 Send these simple but powerful text messages to a man to make him fall in love and commit to you! (how-to video)
Texting a guy you just met is one of the easiest ways to start a relationship with your crush. All you have to do is send one clever, funny, conversation-starting text – and the rest will flow naturally.
Want to keep the conversation going on? I got you covered. Try out these great truth or dare texts, and 100+ questions to ask a guy you like.
What has worked for you? Share with me in the comments below.
Leave a Reply