Are you running out of things to talk about with your boyfriend?
Does the awkward silence start to scare you? Do you always talk about the same things until you’re bored out of your mind?
No matter how much you love each other, having nothing to talk about can make both of you feel like your relationship is stuck, boring, or worse – starting to fade away.
On the other hand, asking the right questions can not only get you so much closer but help you get to know your guy, in a way you never could have without them.
Here are 34 questions and conversation starters you can ask your boyfriend, including serious questions, to get to know him better and be closer than you ever were – today.
33 Topics to Talk About with Your Boyfriend
1. What would you do if I got accidentally pregnant?
2. Are you an animal lover or would you avoid pets at home?
3. When was the last time you cried?
4. What are the first things you would buy if you won the lottery?
5. Would you agree to change a baby’s diaper?
6. What are the 3 foods you can’t live without?
7. What was your parents’ relationship like when you were growing up?
8. What are you too hard on yourself for?
9. What habits do you have that annoy other people?
10. What movie was so sad that you will never watch it again?
11. What is the biggest sign of weakness in a person?
👉 Note: These questions may seem simple to you, but they are quite clever. You can learn so many things about your boyfriend from just one of these questions that it can blow your mind.
Some of these questions are critical if you want to get serious with your guy, and you want to know how he feels about important issues that can affect your future together.
12. What annoys you about my family and friends?
13. What do your parents criticize you most about?
14. What was the most humiliating moment of your life?
15. Who is the one person you trust most?
16. If your friends had to describe you in a few sentences, what would they say?
17. If your ex-girlfriend had to describe you, what would she say?
18. What do most people underestimate about you?
19. What was the best thing about how your parents raised you?
👉 Get to know him better and improve your communication with these fun and romantic couple games to play at home! 😍
20. Where would you rather live – in the city or the countryside?
21. What’s the first place you would travel to right now?
22. What are you addicted to?
23. What’s your favorite body part of the opposite sex?
24. What’s the wildest thing you’ve done sexually?
25. What is your absolute no-no in a relationship?
26. What would you do if I cheated on you?
27. What are you too hard on yourself for?
28. What makes you angrier than it should?
29. What do you most look forward to about getting old?
30. What’s something you really tried to like but couldn’t?
31. What do people really need to chill out about?
32. What’s the strangest thing that someone has confessed to you while drunk?
33. What crazy things will you do if you ever become rich?
These are only 34 of the thousands of things you can talk about with your boyfriend.
Fun questions are not only a great way to start a conversation with your boyfriend. The right questions can get you closer than you’ve ever dreamed.
They can help you see if you have a real future with your guy. They can help you get to know him in a way you could never know him.
👉 Read: Is he serious about you?
What Are the MOST IMPORTANT Questions?
These questions to ask a guy are not enough for a healthy relationship.
I would highly recommend finding out is opinions about gender roles, his ambitions and career aspirations, his friends and family, his opinion on current affairs, children, and more.
If you want to know everything about your boyfriend and discover how compatible you are, then I would strongly suggest you play the classic truth or dare game with him – over text.
👉 To help you get started, see my list of 80+ flirty truth or dare questions over text. I think you’ll love them.
I know about so many couples that were already engaged but suddenly broke up because, for example, the woman found out that her husband was “afraid of taking care of babies”.
Is that crazy or what. In the 3 years they were dating, they never talked about it.
Sadly, most couples think that “love conquers all”, and that it will keep them together no matter what. Which is not exactly true.
If you spend enough quality time with your significant other, asking each other the tough questions BEFORE you get serious, you’re much more likely to live happily ever after.
And getting to know each other well starts with asking the right questions!
Rooting for ya,